The EMT course is 220 hours of instruction that covers the following in accordance with the National EMS Education Standards:
- Anatomy and physiology
- Assessment of injuries and illnesses (medical and Trauma)
- Assisting patients with their own prescribed medications
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillation (AED)
- Environmental emergencies
- Lifting, moving and transportation of patients
- Pediatric and geriatric emergencies
- The overall roles and responsibilities of the EMT
EMT - 6 Allied Health (AH) Elective Credits
Both the in-classroom and blended EMT Programs require mandatory corequisite courses listed below. The due dates for these courses are determined by your specific course syllabus and are to be completed in order to be eligible for your NREMT certification exam. More information will be provided at the first class.
- Hazardous Materials Response - Awareness
- NIMS IS-100: Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS)
- NIMS IS-200: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents (Prerequisites: NIMS 100 and 700)
- NIMS IS-700: National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- NIMS IS-800: National Response Framework, An Introduction
Required Student Resources:
Students successfully completing this course will receive an accredited certificate from HACC. In addition, if you wish to receive a PA State EMS Certification, you will be required to take the National Registry Psychomotor and Cognitaive Exam.
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.
- These exams are administered by the Pennsylvania Department of Health–Bureau of EMS/National Registry of EMTs (psychomotor) and the National Registry of EMTs/Pearson-Vue test centers (cognitive).
- There is a separate fee associated with the Cognitive exam ($98/attempt) that is paid to the National Registry of EMTs.
Dates: Nov. 7, 2023 - March 11, 2024
Meeting Times: Every Tuesday, 6-10 p.m.
Meeting Dates: Nov. 7, 14, 21, 28; Dec. 5, 12, 19; Jan. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; Feb. 5, 12, 19, 26; March 4 & 11.