Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I register for HACC Online Workforce Development and Continuing Education (WFD) classes?
Online registration is available through the Workforce Development Online Course Catalog on the HACC website and is the fastest and most convenient way to register for online classes.
Register and pay with your credit card.
How to register through the HACC website:
○ Browse all classes by category or search for a specific class. Click on the class for which you wish to register and the system will ask you to either Login (current students) or Register (new students).
○ New Students: Create a Student Profile:
○ This is a one-time process for new students and will provide you with your own personal, password-protected account.
○ You must have an email address to complete the student profile.
● Add classes to your “Shopping Cart” and “Checkout”:
○ To select a class for registration, click “Add to Cart”.
○ Once you’ve selected your classes, click “Checkout”.
○ To “Checkout”:
■ You must agree to the Terms of Service, and
■ follow the directions to complete your registration with your credit card.
You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
2. Do I have to pay when I register for a class?
Yes. HACC’s online WFD (noncredit) class fees are due at the time of online registration. If you wish to register and pay for online classes in person, you can register and pay for online classes in person, you can register and pay at all Welcome Centers at all HACC campuses.
3. How do I print my receipt?
If you register online a receipt is emailed to you and then you can print it. If you register in person at one of our campus Welcome Centers you will receive a printed receipt at that time.
4. What is your refund policy?
5. What is your consumer protections policy?
The policy is listed at the following link: http://www.hacc.edu/NewStudents/StudentConsumerInformation/index.cfm
6. What if I forget my username and password that I used to access my online class?
You can use the Forgot your password link to reset your password. There is also a password reset link located within the D2L invoice.
7. When do classes start?
If the course is self-paced then you can start the course as soon as you register and pay online.
If the course is instructor led then the course will have specific start and end dates and they will be listed in the online course catalog.
8. What if I want my organization to pay for my classes?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
9. Are there HACC scholarships that may pay for my online WFD courses?
Yes, there are some scholarships available for WFD (non-credit) courses. You can apply for scholarships by clicking on the following link:
10. Do I need textbooks for online WFD (non-credit) courses?
Some WFD (non-credit) courses require a textbook and the price of the textbook is incorporated into the total course price. If a textbook is required it will be available to download in an electronic form or a physical copy can be sent to your home.
11. Are classes canceled when there is low enrollment?
Self-paced courses do not depend on enrollment so will not be canceled. Instructor-led courses can be canceled for low enrollment. You will be notified by email if this occurs.
12. Are online classes accessible to students with disabilities?
Yes, online WFD (non-credit) courses are ADA compliant. If you need other accommodations, please contact the Office of Disability Services (ODS) at the following link: http://www.hacc.edu/Students/DisabilityServices/index.cfm
13. Do Veterans Benefits cover online WFD classes?
Yes, the VA will pay for most WFD programs (police academy, fire academy, EMT, massage therapy, medical assisting, etc.). For more information click on the following link: http://www.hacc.edu/Students/Veterans/index.cfm
14. Do I have to come on campus?
Most of the online WFD (non-credit) courses are 100% online; however, some courses may require on campus experiential learning (hands-on exercises) and/or testing.
15. Is there specific hardware/software required to take the class?
An instructor will indicate in the course description and/or syllabus if special computer software or hardware is required. Some software can be obtained for free as a HACC student. For instance, current HACC students may download the Microsoft Office Suite for free from myHACC under Bookmarks Plus.
16. I am an organization that wants to buy multiple seats of a course; how can I purchase several at once?
At this time seats must be purchased one at a time. If you would like to purchase multiple seats in one purchase, please contact us at email@example.com.
17. How long do I have to complete the course?
Access to complete the course is limited to one year from the date of purchase.
18. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to questions not listed in this FAQ.