Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I register for HACC Online Workforce Development and Continuing Education classes?
Online registration is available through the Workforce Development Online Course Catalog on the HACC website and is the fastest and most convenient way to register for online classes.
Register and pay with your credit card.
How to register through the HACC website:
○ Browse all classes by category or search for a specific class. Click on the class you wish to register and the system will ask you to either Login (current students) or Register (new students).
○ New Students: Create a Student Profile:
○ This is a one-time process for new students and will provide you with your own personal, password-protected account.
○ You must have an email address to complete the student profile.
● Add classes to your “Shopping Cart” and “Checkout”:
○ To select a class for registration, click “Add to Cart”.
○ Once you’ve selected your classes, click “Checkout”.
○ To “Checkout”:
■ you must agree to the Terms of Service, and
■ follow the directions to complete your registration with your credit card.
You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours.
2. Do I have to pay when I register for a class?
Yes. HACC’s online Workforce Development and Continuing Education class fees are due at the time of online registration. If you wish to register and pay for online classes in person, you can register and pay for online workforce classes at all Welcome Centers at all HACC campuses.
3. How do I print my receipt?
If you register online a receipt is emailed to you and then you can print it. If you register in person at one of our campus Welcome Centers you will receive a printed receipt at that time.
4. What is your refund policy?
Online self-paced courses Refund Policy
Please be advised that once you have registered and paid for the online course, you have 30 days to login to the online course. After 30 days, if you have not logged into the online course, you will be withdrawn from the course and issued a 100% refund.
We are unable to offer refunds once you have logged into the course.
5. What is your consumer protections policy?
The policy is listed at the following link: http://www.hacc.edu/NewStudents/StudentConsumerInformation/index.cfm
6. What if I forget my username and password that I used to access my only class?
You can use the Forgot your password link to reset your password. There is also a password reset link located within the D2L invoice.
7. When do classes start?
If the course is self-paced then you can start the course as soon as you register and pay online.
If the course is instructor led then the course will have specific start and end dates and they will be listed in the online course catalog.
8. What if I want my organization to pay for my classes?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
9. Are there HACC scholarships that may pay for my online Workforce Development (non-credit) courses?
Yes, there are some scholarships available for workforce development (non-credit) courses. You can apply for scholarships by clicking on the following link:
10. Do I need textbooks for online Workforce Development (non-credit) courses?
Some Workforce Development (non-credit) courses require a textbook and the price of the textbook is incorporated into the total course price. If a textbook is required it will be available to download in an electronic form or a physical copy can be sent to your home.
11. Are classes canceled when there is low enrollment?
Self-paced courses do not depend on enrollment so will not be cancelled. Instructor-led courses can be cancelled for low enrollment. You will be notified by email if this occurs.
12. Are online class accessible to students with disabilities?
Yes, online Workforce Development (non-credit) courses are ADA compliant. If you need other accommodations, please contact the Office of Disability Services (ODS) at the following link: http://www.hacc.edu/Students/DisabilityServices/index.cfm
13. Do Veterans Benefits cover online workforce classes?
Yes, the VA will pay for most workforce development programs (police academy, fire academy, EMT, massage, medical assisting, etc.). For more information click on the following link: http://www.hacc.edu/Students/Veterans/index.cfm
14. Do I have to come on campus?
Most of the online Workforce Development (non-credit) courses are 100% online; however, some course may require on campus experiential learning (hands-on exercises) and/or testing.
15. Is there specific hardware/software required to take the class?
An instructor will indicate in the course description and/or syllabus if special computer software or hardware is required. Some software can be obtained for free as a HACC student. For instance, current HACC students may download the Microsoft Office Suite for free from myHACC under Bookmarks Plus.
16. I am an organization that wants to buy multiple seats of a course; how can i purchase several at once?
At this time seats must be purchased one at a time. If you would like to purchase multiple seats in one purchase, please contact us at email@example.com.
17. How long do I have to complete the course?
You must complete the course before the end of the fiscal year (June 15th).
18. Who do I contact if I have additional questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for answers to questions not listed in this FAQ.