This instructor-led course provides a basic level of English grammar and conversation for those looking to improve their English for use in the community, college, and career environments. It serves as a prerequisite for intermediate and advanced non-credit English. The course will cover commonly used phrases, vocabulary, and grammatical structures through a variety of interactive activities and assessments. Classroom activities will provide students with opportunities to read, write, listen and speak English. Homework, websites, and other assignments will be given for completion outside of class.
- Function in situations related to immediate needs and in familiar social situations.
- Possess simple oral and written communication abilities using basic learned phrases and sentences.
- Work in routine, entry-level jobs that involve only the most basic oral and written communication.
- Basic conversation and pronunciation practice
- Verbs in the past/present/future
- Using conjugated verbs to create sentences
- Asking and answering questions
Feel free to check out the schedule or email us with any questions you have!
Format: In-person class-please note that masks are required while on campus.
Location: Midtown 1 campus
Duration: 50 hours
Completion of a new student orientation session and placement testing is required.
Please email us to find out when the next orienation will be.