To operate a Forklift, Operators must be certified and recertified every 3 years. Forklift Operators are in high demand, so if you enjoy the fast paced, exciting environment of the distribution and logistics industries, or other types of commercial and industrial warehouse sites, becoming a Forklift Operator may be for you. This one day Saturday certification program consists of both classroom and hands-on instruction. Students learn how to operate a powered industrial truck without direct supervision. The program is designed to help students achieve certification. Equipment pictured to show type of lift only. Actual equipment used for class will be similar.
• Operating instructions
• Vehicle operations
• Restrictions and limitations
• Surface conditions/environment
• Vehicle controls/differences
• Steering and maneuvering
• Operator inspections/maintenance
• Load compositions/manipulation
• OSHA/safety requirements
• Closed toe footwear and long pants must be worn at all times. Shirts must have sleeves and be clean with no rips, tears, holes or vulgar graphics. No tank tops or muscle shirts.
• For outdoor/warehouse classes, please come prepared for inclement weather with rain gear, and for colder weather, be sure to bring a jacket or coat, gloves and a hat. (NOTE: Some Forklift classes are held in either warehouse environments or outside).
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.