Many adults (employed and unemployed) and young adults entering the workplace lack core skills that are required as a foundation of success in their chosen employment or careers. This can include, but is not limited to, inexperience with expected workplace habits and professional interactions, lack of ownership of tasks, and low proficiency in common IT programs (MS Office), email, or related technology. Other factors that are barriers to success include poor communication skills, low motivation or engagement, fear of interpersonal dialogue and relationships, and more specifically conflict and disagreements.
• Describe effective communication and tools to assess self and others (DiSC)
• Identify the top 5 elements of successful tech-focused working behaviors including professional email structure and receiver preference considerations.
• Complete assessment and remedial activities that include Digital Literacy and Microsoft Office Level I programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Define internal and external customer service and related tactics for successful interpersonal relationships.
• List Team Stages and behaviors that contribute to influence and collaboration with others.
• Define emotional intelligence and outline 4 EI areas according to Daniel Goleman
• Connect application of ethical behavior and high levels of accountability and ownership to successful business outcomes and personal integrity definitions
• Outline elements of strategic decision making and list at least one tool to assist in critical thinking or planning activities.
• Connect importance of adaptative techniques and behaviors in productive conflict, change and personal branding to career success.
Any student who wishes to drop a course may do so by visiting or calling any of the campus Welcome Centers. These requests must be made no less than one calendar day prior to the first class meeting date to be eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees (except for any tuition or fees noted as nonrefundable).
Unless otherwise specifically stated or approved, no refund will be issued after a course-start date.
We do not issue partial refunds in the event that a student starts a course late or does not complete the course.
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.