CompTIA's Network+ Certification is a foundation-level certification designed for IT professionals with around 1 year's experience whose job role is focused on network administration. This exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to troubleshoot, configure, and manage common network devices; establish basic network connectivity; understand and maintain network documentation; identify network limitations and weaknesses; and implement network security, standards, and protocols. The candidate will have a basic understanding of enterprise technologies, including cloud and virtualization technologies.
In this course, you will plan, implement, and maintain information security in a vendor-neutral format. This includes risk management, host and network security, authentication and access control systems, cryptography, and organizational security.
- Learn the purposes and uses of ports and protocols.Learn devices, applications, protocols and services at their appropriate OSI layers.
- Learn the concepts and characteristics of routing and switching.
- Configure the appropriate IP addressing components.
- Compare and contrast the characteristics of network topologies, types and technologies.
- Implement the appropriate wireless technologies and configurations.
- Summarize cloud concepts and their purposes.
- Learn the functions of network services.
- Deploy the appropriate cabling solution.
- Determine the appropriate placement of networking devices on a network and install/configure them.
- Learn the purposes and use cases for advanced networking devices.
- Learn the purposes of virtualization and network storage technologies.
- Compare and contrast WAN technologies.
- Use appropriate documentation and diagrams to manage the network.
- Compare and contrast business continuity and disaster recovery concepts.
- Learn common scanning, monitoring and patching processes and summarize their expected outputs.
- Use remote access methods.
- Identify policies and best practices.
- Summarize the purposes of physical security devices.
- Learn authentication and access controls.
- Secure a basic wireless network.
- Summarize common networking attacks.Implement network device hardening.
- Learn common mitigation techniques and their purposes.
- Learn the network troubleshooting methodology.
- Use the appropriate tool.Troubleshoot common wired connectivity and performance issues.
- Troubleshoot common wireless connectivity and performance issues.
- Troubleshoot common network service issues.
Any student who wishes to drop a course may do so by visiting or calling any of the campus Welcome Centers. These requests must be made no less than one calendar day prior to the first class meeting date to be eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees (except for any tuition or fees noted as nonrefundable).
Unless otherwise specifically stated or approved, no refund will be issued after a course-start date.
We do not issue partial refunds in the event that a student starts a course late or does not complete the course.
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.
Dates/Times: 6/14/2021 - 6/18/2021 10:00am-6:00pm
Format: Remote Classroom Training
Remote Classroom Training is a live class with students observing the instructor and listening through your computer speakers.
You will see the instructor's computer, slides, notes, etc., just like in the classroom. You will be following along, doing work, labs, and individual assignments.