Basic information about the practice of dentistry and dental hygiene for students with no prior experience in a dental office. Basic terminology, procedures and principles related to dental practice are presented for students who are interested in pursuing a career in dental hygiene. This introductory course provides a foundation for future courses within the dental hygiene curriculum.
Goals: At the completion of this on-line course, the student will:
1. Describe the educational process of dental hygienists and members of the dental team.
2. Describe the scope of practice of dental hygiene and other dental professionals.
3. Explain dental terms as they relate to specific dental procedures.
4. Recognize terms associated with basic structures of the mouth.
5. Describe the basic principles of restorative dentistry.
6. Explain the uses of various preventive dental therapies.
7. Identify and describe the specialties of dentistry.
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.
Basic information about the practice of dentistry and dental hygiene for students with no prior
experience in a dental office. Basic terminology, procedures and principles related to dental practice are presented in pursuing
a career in dental hygiene. This introductory course provides a foundation for
erses within the dental hygiene curriculum
Duration: 15 Hours
Instructor: Sarah Ostrander
Start date: TBD
End date: TBD
If HACC cancels a course, training, seminar, conference or trip/tour, all paid participants will receive a 100% refund of all tuition and fees. Any student who wishes to drop a course may do so by visiting or calling any of the campus Welcome Centers or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
These requests must be made no less than (3) business days prior to the first class meeting date to be eligible for a full refund of tuition and fees, except for any tuition or fees noted as nonrefundable. Unless otherwise specifically stated or approved, no refund will be issued after a class start date. WFD does not issue partial refunds in the event a student starts a class late or does not complete the class.