This fully online self-paced course was designed as refresher training for students who have previously taken an initial Hazardous Materials Operations (HMO) Level 472 course. This refresher course provides a review of the information previously learned and an air monitoring skill station.
Students will review previously learned information and skills associated with NFPA 472 Chapter 5 Competencies for the First Responder at the Operational Level, and 29 CFR 1910.120 OSHA’s Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response, (HAZWOPER), First Responder Operations Level. The primary target audiences for this refresher course are First Responders (fire, rescue, emergency medical, police, etc.) who have previously taken a Hazardous Materials Operations (HMO) Level 472 course.
Required Student Resources:
- 2016 DOT Emergency Response Guidebook
- A functioning multi-gas air-monitoring device
- A video camera, smart phone or tablet capable of taking and uploading video.
- Note-taking materials
- Recommended Reference: Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations, Second Edition, by Rob Schnepp, Jones and Bartlett Publishing, ISBN 978-1-4496-4154
Students successfully completing this course will receive an accredited certificate from HACC. In addition, if you wish to receive a PA State Fire Academy accredited course certificate, you will be required to upload one of the following documents to prove completion of prerequisite training:
- PSFA Hazardous Materials Operations (HMO) -16 Hours
- PSFA Delmar (DHMO) -24 Hours
- Jones and Bartlett (HMOJB) - 24 Hours
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.
Duration: 6 Hours
Please be advised that once you have registered and paid for the online course, you have 30 days to login to the online course. After 30 days, if you have not logged into the online course, you will be withdrawn from the course and issued a 100% refund.
We are unable to offer refunds once you have logged into the course.