**CNC Programmer is an intermediate level course and it is recommended students have CNC machining experience or education prior to taking the CNC programmer course.
This 140-hour blended learning class introduces students to Computer Numeric Control (CNC) programming using Computer-Aided Drafting/Computer-Aided Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) systems. Upon completion of this course the students are able to fully design a component using various CAD/CAM programs, operate the Human Machine Interface (HMI) found on automated equipment to manufacture a completed part, work through manufacturing designs including designing a product using the costumers specifications, identify and troubleshoot quality control issues found in the manufacturing environment, manufacture a completed part that works in conjunction with parts made by other students in a cellular manufacturing environment. The tuition for this class covers both the textbook and lab fees and access to educational versions of software as permitted by the developer.
Midtown Trade and Technology Center; Rooms 116/118
1523 N 4th St
Harrisburg, PA 17102
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
• Students are able to safety setup, operate, and adjust programs on a CNC mill and CNC Lathe.
• Students are able to select the proper tooling for each machine as well as any machine setup required.
• Students are able to read and interpret industrial blueprints to manufacture a part.
• Students are able to design and completely manufacture a part from the customer specifications.
• Students are able to machine components to specific blueprint requirements.
• Students will have a basic understanding of how G and M codes are created, read and modified.
• Students are able to design and program a product using CAD/CAM programs such as Mastercam and SolidWorks.
• Students are able to identify and correct quality control issues commonly found in the manufacturing process.
CLASS CANCELLATION/RESCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum enrollment numbers must be met in order for trainings to be held. Trainings with less than the required minimum enrollment are subject to cancellation or rescheduling. Classes will be cancelled or rescheduled no less than seven (7) working days before the scheduled start day of class and enrollees will be contacted.
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.