The purpose of this course is to certify automotive technicians to become Emissions Inspection Technicians. Students will identify, describe and perform a visual and On-Board Diagnostics II vehicle test according to the guidelines of the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. Upon successful completion of the EEIC course and a passing score on the final tests, you will have satisfied the class.
1. Upon completion of this course the student should be able to pass the Enhanced Emissions Inspection Inspector Certification test with a minimum score of 80%.
2. The student should be able to identify the requirements and procedures for vehicle emissions testing for the Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Northern, southern and Lehigh Valley and 42 county Non-I/M Regions.
3. The student should be able to identify the requirements for an Emissions Inspector Certification and Certified Repair Technician.
4. The student should be able to identify and describe emissions control components and their function.
5. The student should be able to describe the advantage of OBD II and its Enhanced Monitors.
Please arrive at day one of class with a Credit Card to pay the PENNDOT portion of the course fee ($40), online.
Feel free to email us with any questions you have! room training requirement needed to become a PA Certified Emissions Inspector.
Dates: June 21, & June 24, 2023
Times: 6pm - 8pm (6/21/23); 8am - 4pm (6/24/23)
Format: In-person class
Location: North Hall Campus; Room 123
Duration: 10 hours
Please email us if current class is not listed.