This certificate program is designed to provide entry-level training for an individual who is interested in a career in wastewater treatment. This program offers training on the knowledge an individual must have to pass the PA DEP licensing exam. Providing 180 hours of technical instruction that combines both theory and hands-on skill practice, the participant will learn proper practices that meet the environment regulation. Students will learn about the mechanical operations of a plant as well as the chemistry and biology behind treating the wastewater for release into a stream or to be deposited on the ground. The labs will consist of tours to local treatment plants to see working examples of the equipment and processes they have learned in theory.
The tuition for this class covers both the textbook and registration fee to sit for the DEP Wastewater/Water exam.
**Please Note: The tuition does not cover the the $35 fee for the DEP Wastewate/Water exams taken. DEP will bill the student for the exams taken.**
This class will be held remotely via Zoom.
First day of class will be held on campus at the following location:
Midtown 1 Campus - Room 226
1523 N. 4th Street
Harrisburg, PA 17102
Upon successful completion of the course the student will be able to:
• Understand the fundamentals and principles of wastewater including basic scientific calculations, industry safety and chemistry
• Demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of wastewater collection systems
• Understand wastewater operator administrative responsibilities and management requirements
• Demonstrate knowledge and comprehension of wastewater laboratory and plant maintenance operations
• Understand treatment science, technologies and procedures
• Adequately prepare for the PA Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Wastewater Treatment exams
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.
Dates/Times: February 6, 2023 - June 26, 2023 (5:00pm-8:00pm)
Days: Monday, Tuesdays & Thursdays
Format: (Remote - Zoom)
**First Day of class held in-person at Midtown 1 Campus, Room 226**
Please feel free to email us if current class listing is unavailable.