This traditional (face-to-face) program is designed to develop sensitivity and competence in the basic tasks required to care for patients or residents in a variety of healthcare facilities. Its purpose is to provide the student with a basic level of knowledge and skills needed to care for patients, residents, or clients as set forth by the profession of nursing and regulated by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
The 120- hour program includes: 48.75 hours of theory, 32.75 hours of lab, and 38.5 hours of clinical experience. Students successfully completing this program will receive an accredited certificate from HACC and will be eligible to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) exam administered by Pearson VUE to enroll in the Nurse Aide Registry for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. There is an additional cost of $135 (subject to change) to take the registry exam; this fee is not included in your tuition.
- Assist clients with bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting
- Provide care and assist clients who cannot care for themselves
- Measure and record vital signs
- Care for clients with catheters
- Provide range of motion exercises
- Transport clients in wheelchairs
- Provide Infection control and safety awareness
- Provide post-mortem care
This program is taught in English with English textbooks and workbooks. Students must be able to speak, write, and understand English fluently. Please review the Nurse Aide Essential Qualifications to make sure you are able to perform them.
All individuals who apply for admission to the Nurse Aide Program must be able to perform specific essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Communication - Verbal, nonverbal, reading and writing
- Hearing - Ability to hear and understand residents and staff, interpret conversation and assess and monitor residents
- Mobility - Mobile and strong enough to support and move residents and move quickly to perform resident care
- Motor Skills - Fine and gross motor skills sufficient to handle equipment and provide safe and effective resident care; steady arm and hand movements while manipulating objects or assisting residents; ability to perform multiple motor tasks simultaneously
- Sight - Ability to monitor and assess residents and read fine print on monitors, devices and gauges
All students MUST be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to participate in Nurse Aide Training.
Students must provide the following documentation at least two weeks prior to the first day of class, and must bring documentation with them on the first day of class:
- COVID-19 vaccination record
- Physical examination dated less than one year before the class start date
- Negative two-step Mantoux test or negative QuantiFERON-TB Gold Test
- Criminal History Record Information (CHRI) report dated less than one year before the class start date
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) report, if you have not been a full-time resident of Pennsylvania for the past two consecutive years or have been convicted of an offense outside of PA.
- Current flu vaccination
We recommend using HACC’s Health Examination Form for completion of the Physical examination and two-step Mantoux test.
Download the Nurse Aide Program Information (pdf). It includes general information, admission criteria, essential qualifications, and health examination form.
- Students must be 16 years old or older before the first day of class.
- Students will receive textbooks/workbooks on the first day of class.
- Students are required to wear a uniform to every class session. Students are responsible for white scrub tops, navy blue scrub bottoms, and white closed-toe clinical shoes.
- The median salary for nursing assistants is $32,349.
Additional Contact Information:
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.
Price: $1268- includes textbooks
Course Length: 120 hours
Location: Claremont Nrsg., 1000 Claremont Road, Carlisle PA 17013
Start date: 4/1/2022
End date: 4/29/2022
Class Days: Monday - Friday
No Class 4/18, 4/25
Clinical dates: 4/19, 4/20, 4/21, 4/22, 4/26, 4/27
Certification: Students successfully completing this program will receive an accredited certificate from HACC and will be eligible to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) exam administered by Pearson VUE to enroll in the Nurse Aide Registry for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Refund Policy: Students must attend the entire 120-hour program to successfully complete HACC’s Nurse Aide Program. Please note that any time missed from the first day of class through the start of clinicals will result in dismissal from the program with no refund. Please be advised that students may request a full refund up to one day prior to the start of class. No refunds will be issued once class has started.