This self-paced course provides an introductory overview of Conversational Spanish for those with little or no Spanish proficiency. It serves as a prerequisite for a more advanced study. Commonly used phrases, vocabulary, and grammatical structures will be mastered through a variety of interactive activities and assessments. Cultural insights accompany each module.
- Hold an introductory conversation that includes 'small talk'
- Describe states of being
- Express numbers, days, dates and time
- Express occupation and origin
- Create complete sentences using nouns, verbs, and complements
- Ask questions and respond affirmatively or negatively
- Identify locations of Spanish speaking countries
- Use cultural knowledge for increased cultural competence
- Employ to understand cultural values on topics like courtesy, relationships, time, demographics and more
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.
- Basic Conversation and Pronunciation Practice
- Conversation Expansion
- The Verb to Be
- Expressing Dates and Time
- Using Verbs to Create Sentences
- Asking Questions
Duration: 12 hours (Course may take longer to achieve mastery)
Please be advised that once you have registered and paid for the online course, you have 30 days to login to the online course. After 30 days, if you have not logged into the online course, you will be withdrawn from the course and issued a 100% refund.
We are unable to offer refunds once you have logged into the course.