This instructor-led course provides an intermediate level of English grammar and conversation for those looking to improve their English for use in the community, college, and career environments. It serves as a prerequisite for advanced non-credit English. The course will cover commonly used phrases, vocabulary, and grammatical structures through a variety of interactive activities and assessments. Classroom activities will provide students with opportunities to read, write, listen and speak English. Homework, websites, and other assignments will be given for completion outside of class.
- Improve listening and speaking skills in situations related to everyday life and both familiar and unfamiliar social situations.
- Become comfortable using oral and written communication with more common expressions, proper grammar, and complex sentence structures.
- Gain confidence on the job, and move beyond basic conversation with coworkers.
- Intermediate conversation and pronunciation practice
- Verbs in the present and past participle
- Regular and irregular verbs
- Filling out simple forms
Feel free to check out the schedule or email us with any questions you have!
Format: In-person class-please note that masks are required while on campus.
Location: Midtown 1 campus
Duration: 50 hours
Completion of a new student orientation session and placement testing is required.
Please email us to find out when the next orientation will be.