This fully online self-paced course was designed for current or expired EMT, AEMT, Paramedic, PHRN, or PHPE. This self-paced course will go beyond the National EMS Education Standards to provide the pre-hospital provider with current EMS practice to build and refresh their existing knowledge.
The six modules of this course consist of a review of EMT concepts: Preparatory, Airway, OB, Infants and Children, Medical/Behavorial, Patient Assessment, and Trauma. Students successfully completing this course will receive an accredited certificate from HACC. The refresher does no provide practical skills validation and some states require the traditional course. Please refer to your state's particular requirements.
- Provide a cognitive review of tasks that require proficiency by the EMS provider to ensure safe and effective practice
- To build on the already trained pre-hospital provider's knowledge and understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- Establish a greater understanding of the importance in the application of their knowledge and skllls when performing as an Emergency Medical provider.
- Have a greater understanding of common medical terminology and its importance of its use in all types of patient reporting.
- Complete review quizzes at the end of each module with a score of 80% or higher.
Online course registration and payments are limited to one per person.
Duration: 17 Hours
Please be advised that once you have registered and paid for the online course, you have 30 days to login to the online course. After 30 days, if you have not logged into the online course, you will be withdrawn from the course and issued a 100% refund.
We are unable to offer refunds once you have logged into the course.